Friday 8 November 2013

Lady Gaga's cannabis confession

In a frank new interview, Lady Gaga has admitted that she used marijuana to help with the pain after breaking her hip earlier this year.


In a frank new interview, Lady Gaga has admitted that she used marijuana to help with the pain after breaking her hip earlier this year.

The singer has always been open about her love of the leaf, even lighting up a naughty cigarette on stage in Amsterdam last year.

But during a chat with Attitude magazine, Gaga admitted her habit became elevated, adding that she was 'smoking 15 joints a day' at one point.

'It was a habit that eventually occurred when the pain got so bad with the hip,' she said.

'I was just numbing, numbing, numbing myself then sleeping it off, then getting on stage, killing it in pain, then getting off and smoking, smoking, smoking, not knowing what the pain was.'



Gaga credited performance artist Marina Abramović with setting her straight, saying she 'cold-turkeyed' for weeks.

Earlier this year, Abramović released a video featuring the singer naked in a forest.

Gaga explained that the performance was part of her rehab experience: 'Marina said, "OK, you’re coming to my house — no television, no computer, no marijuana, no nothing, no food. For three days, art only. You eat only art".'

'She put me in the woods for three hours blindfolded and said, "I need you to find your way home. We will be here silent to make sure you don’t fall off any cliffs." There were cliffs all around.

'So I was walking and I started to cry because I hadn’t felt so connected to the earth for so long. Just being me, with the forest and the sound of the birds and the running water, but there was nothing but me and my pure talent to save me. I didn’t fall once. I stumbled but I didn’t fall.'

But despite the cold-turkey treatment, Gaga admitted she still enjoys using the drug, saying: 'Now I smoke a little bit at night just, you know, for fun. But not to cope - that's the difference. I'm the soberest I've ever been in the past five years.'



Source: 

1 comment:

  1. Your website is very beautiful or Articles. I love it thank you for sharing for everyone. Coffeeshop barcelona

    ReplyDelete